Mental Health Support
YOU-CAS prides itself in the importance of Mental Health support and have provided this service to our clients for over 20 years. Some of our clients like to refer to mental health as ‘mind health’. Each of our clients are treated as an individual and this is so important to support our clients on this basis.
We provide support or care for our clients with a variety of mental health, learning disability and other complex needs. Our team understand the importance of living with mental health in a positive way.
Many people experience mental health at some point in their lives. We offer a range of care and support options for people with additional needs that are aimed at maintaining independence. Our experienced staff team can help maintain and maximise independence and social inclusion on their recovery pathway.
Person centred assessments are completed for each potential client, led by a needs and risk assessment, a structured programme will promote recovery, positive risk taking and independence.
Our interventions can be aimed at clients who need initially high intensity support, thereby reducing hospital admissions and reducing the need for support from other outside agencies.
• Key workers and ongoing reviewing
• Developing key daily living skills
• Support with correspondence to include budgeting, bill paying and understanding the benefit system.
• Helping our clients back into the community via Education/Vocational courses
• Supporting our clients to have positive relationships and promoting their self-esteem.
• Providing meaningful activity and opportunities for voluntary work
• Reduced Psychiatric hospital admissions.
• Joint working with the client, other agencies and any teams involved offers a holistic plan.